The Royal Grenada Police Force and the Recruitment and Function of Police Aides
Paragraph 67. - The "Mongoose Gang."
67. Mr. Nugent David confirmed that a group of men known as the Mongoose Gang were among the police aides. To his knowledge, Moslyn Bishop and his brother Willie Bishop were reputedly leaders of the gang.
The criminal records of those police aides who were reputedly the leaders of the Mongoose Gang were admitted in evidence separately from those of the 64 other police aides who had convictions for criminal offences. The records of the reputed Mongoose Gang members are as follows:
- Moslyn Bishop, alias "Pram," "Joseph Bishop," 28 convictions between August 1956 and December 1969, including larceny, assault on police and wounding.
- Willie Bishop, 19 convictions between July 1957 and March 1969 including assault on police and housebreaking.
- Raphael Brizan alias "Buck," 20 convictions between December 1964 and March 1974 including assault on police and damage to property.
- Alston Hood, alias "Thorne," 8 convictions between July 1961 and December 1967 including assault and disorderly conduct.
- Albert Clarke, alias "Heads." 15 convictions between July 1959 and March 1969, including assault, wounding, damage to property.